Brief Description

The Palace of St. Michael and St. George referred as “Palace” by the locals was built in 1824 under the  residency of Thomas Maitland with stone from Malta in order to house government offices and the English commissioner. It was named after knightly battalion that was located there .
Today it houses the Asian Art Museum where one can find great exhibits from countries like Japan, China and India, the Municipal Art Gallery and part of the Ionian University.
One part of the exterior of the palace is the “Garden of the People” a green area providing tranquility and relaxation under the shade of trees with excellent views of the Old Fortress and Mandraki.

Location on the Map

Highlight Slideshow

Navigation Tips and Options

Virtual Navigation


High Quality (1280×720 resolution)


Standard Quality (960×540 resolution)


Low Quality (720×405 resolution)

Start typing and press Enter to search